Friday, May 7, 2010

Food and our Body.

Today at discovery time we made sandwiches. First, we put margarine on our bread. then we could choose what spread we wanted. We could have vegemite, jam and peanut butter. We used a knife to spread it on. Then we cut it in half and took a big bite.

We put on our Black Hat and thought about what we found difficult...
We found it difficult to spread the ingredience on, we had to hold the knife correctly.
Alex's sandwich tasted too salty because he put on too much vegemite. We learnt that you only need a little bit on our knife.
During Discovery Time, we also traced around our buddies body. Inside the outline, we drew the brain, lungs, heart, bladder, stomach, small and large intestine, and liver.

We put on our yellow hat and thought about the things we enjoyed the most...
'I enjoyed tracing around Sinead.' Jessica
'I enjoyed eating my vegemite sandwich.' Kyla
'I enjoyed making my plate of food.' Jayden
'I enjoyed Alex and Kaleb tracing around me.' Levi

We are having so much fun learning about how our body digests food!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great learning room 21.I really like the pictures of your buddies bodies Jessica is coming home with many new facts about her body, it makes for some very interesting conversations at dinner time!!

    ReplyDelete